Wagyu Beef Shepherd's Pie
Bring home a taste of perfectly prepared comfort food. Your family will love this shepherd's pie created from fresh ingredients like our Wagyu ground beef, russet potatoes and the unmistakable perfect cheesy crust.
- 1 pound Wagyu Ground beef
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 2 tsp Dried parsley
- 1 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 cup Frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup Frozen corn
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Add oil to a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add ground beef to skillet, break apart, add parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir well, cook for 6-8 minutes until meat is browned. Stirring occasionally.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Stir to combine, cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour and tomato paste. Stir until well incorporated
- Add broth, frozen peas, carrots and corn. Bring liquid to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set meat mixture aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water, bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes , return to pot and let potatoes rest for 1 minute to allow remaining liquid to evaporate
- Add butter, half & half, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mash potatoes and stir until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
- Pour meat mixture into a 9x9 or 7x11 baking dish. Spread out to create an even layer. Spoon mashed potatoes on top of meat. Carefully spread into an even layer
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!