Santa Fe Strip Steak
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 tsp Red currant jelly
- 1 tsp Chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 4 Santa Fe strip steaks
- 1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir onion in oil over medium-high heat until tender.
- Transfer cooked onion to blender, add green chiles, cilantro, jalapeno, jelly, bouillon, worcestershire sauce, garlic, seasoned salt, and oregano. Cover and proccess until smooth.
- Return mixture to sauce pan and cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat cast iron skillet on high, add oil once to temperature.
- Reduce to heat to medium and add steaks to pan, cooking for 5-8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Check with thermometer, should read 130 degrees F for medium rare.
- Plate steaks, serve with chili sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!