- 1 - 24 oz Ribeye steak
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- Using paper towels, pat steak dry, then season generously with 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat medium cast iron skillet over medium high heat until hot, about 1-2 minutes, then add canola oil
- Place steak in skillet and cook, turn every 2-3 minutes until dark crust has formed on both sides, about 12 - 14 minutes total
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add butter, garlic, thyme and rosemary to skillet
- Carefully spoon butter over steak for 1-2 minutes turning over once until it reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees F.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing
- Plate, slice and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!