Garlic Texas Strip Steak
- 4 - 10 oz Texas Strip Steaks
- 1 1/2 tbsp Neutral flavored oil (suggested: canola oil)
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste, let steaks sit at room temperature for 15 minutes
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat, add oil to pan
- Once pan and oil are heated, add steaks to pan, do not overlap
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until deep golden brown
- Add butter to pan. After butter has melted, add garlic cloves and thyme sprigs to pan, stir to combine
- Spoon butter mixture over the steaks
- Place thermometer into thickest part of steak, place in oven for 5-7 minutes or until thermometer reads 135 degrees
- Remove pan from oven, let rest form 5 minutes.
- Spoon pan drippings over steak then serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!