Cast-iron Porterhouse Steak
Perfectly seared and seasoned, this is porterhouse steak recipe that will get it done. It's time to turn your taste buds up to eleven.Throw in some butter, garlic, seared porterhouse wagyu beef from our Wagyu Beef Shop, and there's no way anyone will say no before digging into this easy dish for cooking at home. Grab your oven mitts if you don't want to burn your hands on those Cast Iron pans.
- 2 -2 1/2 inch Porterhouse Steak
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Let steak rest at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Preheat broiler, heat cast iron skillet on stovetop over medium-high heat until hot
- Season steak with salt and pepper on all sides
- Add oil to skillet then place steak in skillet
- Cook until you have a nice sear on both sides, about 3 minutes per side
- Remove the skillet from the heat, transfer the steak to a cutting board and cut both the filet and sirloin from the bone. Slice the steak against the grain into thick pieces. Put the bone back into the skillet and reassemble the steak around it.Top with pieces of butter. Add a couple cloves of garlic and a few sprigs of thyme or rosemary, if desired.
- Broil until desired doneness, about 4 minutes for medium
- Transfer to serving plate and pour the pan drippings over steak
Sodium: 468mgCalcium: 52mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 350IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 2124mgCholesterol: 411mgCalories: 1618kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 48gFat: 112gProtein: 141gCarbohydrates: 2gIron: 14mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!