Bottom Round Roast
- 4 pounds Beef bottom roast
Garlic and herb rub
- 8 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Dried parsley
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Arrowroot starch
- 2 cups Beef broth
- 1/2 cup Red wine
Garlic and Herb Rub
- Mash garlic and salt into a paste. Stir in parsley, thyme, rosemary, black pepper and olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Place roast in baking dish or cast iron skillet fat side up. Rub roast with garlic and herb rub on all sides.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F.
- Remove roast from baking dish and place on platter. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes
- Combine cold water and arrowroot starch
- In a heavy bottomed pan, place cooking juices from roast, including crispy brown bits
- Stir in beef broth and red wine
- Use a wire whisk and gently scrape browned bits off bottom of the pan, bring to boil
- Whisk in arrowroot starch mixture
- Return gravy to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken gravy
- Slice roast and drizzle with gravy. Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!